Thursday, March 26, 2015

Breath of Scandal by Sandra Brown *Blog Tour*

 

Breath of Scandal by Sandra Brown
Published by: Grand Central
Publication date: February 26th 2013
Genres: Adult, Suspense, Thriller
 
 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18461626-breath-of-scandal
 
 
 

On a rainy Southern night, Jade Sperry endured a young woman’s worst nightmare at the hands of three local hell-raisers. Robbed of her youthful ideals and at the center of scandal and tragedy, Jade ran as far and as fast as she could. But she never forgot the sleepy “company town” where every man, woman, and child was dependent on one wealthy family. And she never forgot their spoiled son, who with his two friends changed her life forever. Someday, somehow, she’d return . . . exacting a just revenge, freeing herself from her enemies’ grasp, and, perhaps, fulfilling a lost promise of love.

 



http://www.amazon.com/Breath-of-Scandal-ebook/dp/B00BEK6ZBI/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/breath-of-scandal-sandra-brown/1002040937?ean=9780446359634  https://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebook/breath-of-scandal  https://itunes.apple.com/ca/book/breath-of-scandal/id602354910?mt=11
 
 




How did this story come to you?
At the time I wrote it, there was much in the news about acquaintance rape. Prior to that, one thought of rapists in terms of a masked man jumping out at a woman – not friends. I developed the story and put in into the context of a revenge plot.
What or who inspired you to start writing?
First I was a reader. I read (and still do) all the time! My parents cultivated in me a love of books and a respect for writers and storytelling. I also was (and still am) a habitual daydreamer, constantly making up characters and scenarios in my head. I suppose the two pastimes merged! I’m very fortunate to have been able to make a living doing what I love to do.
What book of yours was the most fun to write?
Oh, gosh!  That’s tough to answer.  But since you used the word “fun,” I’d have to say the Texas! Trilogy.  Lucky, Chase and Sage were fun people to get to know.  I loved the relationship they had with each other and with their mother.  Each of their love stories was sexy and touching. I miss those characters!
  If you had to pick one book that changed your life what would it be?
Kathleen Woodiwiss’s  The Flame and the Flower. I was totally enchanted and remember thinking, “I want to tell fairytales like this.” A very lofty and presumptive ambition!   But that’s when I knew I wanted to be a storyteller.
When you are not writing or reading what is your favorite thing to do?
Watch series TV.  That’s my new guilty pleasure because there are so many good shows on now!  I love “House of Cards,” “Hell on Wheels,” “Sons of Anarchy,” “Downton Abbey,” “The Vikings.”  As you see, my taste in shows is as eclectic as my taste in books. “Tell me a story.”  That’s my only requirement!

 



 
Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004), & HELLO, DARKNESS (2003).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy novels, bringing the number of copies of her books in print worldwide to upwards of eighty million. Her work has been translated into over thirty languages.

A lifelong Texan, Sandra Brown was born in Waco, grew up in Fort Worth and attended Texas Christian University, majoring in English. Before embarking on her writing career, she worked as a model at the Dallas Apparel Mart, and in television, including weathercasting for WFAA-TV in Dallas, and feature reporting on the nationally syndicated program “PM Magazine.”

In 2009 Brown detoured from her thrillers to write, Rainwater, a much acclaimed, powerfully moving story about honor and sacrifice during the Great Depression.

Brown recently was given an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Texas Christian University. She was named Thriller Master for 2008, the top award given by the International Thriller Writer’s Association. Other awards and commendations include the 2007 Texas Medal of Arts Award for Literature and the Romance Writers of America’s Lifetime Achievement Award.

 


sandrabrown.net/books/mean-streak/  https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSandraBrown  https://twitter.com/sandrabrown_NYT  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6218.Sandra_Brown
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment