Tuesday, March 31, 2015

In The Age Of Hysteria by Thomas Briar *Blog Tour*


In The Age Of Hysteria
Thomas Briar
Genre: Historical Erotic Romance
Publisher: MuseItHOT Publishing
Date of Publication: 6-28-13
Cover Artist: Marion Sipe
 



 
  
Dr. Joseph Brenner, a twenty-two year old graduate of medical college, has a natural gift for treating hysteria, circa 1878. The only problem is none of his peers in Boston, Massachusetts will offer him an assistantship due to a supposed moral indiscretion on his part. Without obtaining an assistantship he cannot enter the medical field to build a reputation as a competent doctor. Or, so he believes.
 
The beautiful and affluent Ms. Mary Pyre, a twenty-six year old businesswoman, has heard whispers of Joseph's proficiency in treating the disease. She seeks Joseph out and hires him as the attending physician at her Women's Health and Revitalizing Spa. Though Joseph and Mary are attracted to each other, unfortunate circumstances make them keep their romantic feelings for one another at arm's length. It is only when he learns she needs his expertise to overcome her chronic sexual impotence toward men that their relationship has an opportunity to move forward.


 

 
 MuseItHOT * Amazon * B&N
 




Joseph realized Laura had become relaxed in his presence and more in tune with his own emotions since he'd become personable. He casually stood up and extended a hand. "Would you mind taking a seat in the treatment chair?"

"Okay." Laura accepted Joseph's hand to stand up and let him direct her over to sit back down in the treatment chair. She shifted her naked buttocks around on the V seat, before automatically opening, lifting, and extending her legs so they lay on the thigh and calf supports. Her hairy nether region was now on display. She evinced no sense of embarrassment, only a compliant smile.

"Thank you, Laura," Joseph said. "Now I'm first going to recline the chair, and then I'll strap you in for safety reasons. At any point if something starts becoming uncomfortable, please tell me and we'll fix it. Okay?"

"Okay." Laura nodded her head of black curls at Joseph.

He engaged the appropriate lever on the side of the chair to let the back of the chair gradually recline until it made contact with the built-in stoppage. Pushing on another lever, the seat and legs of the chair glided forward and slightly upward to cradle Laura's body in a reclined position.

"How are we doing?"

"It's more comfortable than I thought it would be." Laura's face betrayed her surprise. "I kind of like it, I think."

"Good. Now I'm fixing to pump the chair up to the necessary height. You'll feel a series of gentle bumps, but don't worry; it's not fixing to dump you out. So you don't have to hang on. Okay? Just stay relaxed."

"Okay."

Joseph pumped the foot-mechanism causing the hydraulic cylinder underneath the chair to extend so Laura's body rose upward to a height where Joseph knew his hand could easily reach her pubic region without him having to stoop.

Next, he started fastening the restraints, beginning with the waist and chest belts, careful to get both snug, yet, not so tight as to cut off circulation. The restraint of Laura's right leg followed, before he stepped around her feet to repeat the procedure along her left leg. He saved her arms for last. He reached across her body to buckle the left arm first, and then finished up with the right arm, being very circumspect in buckling the elbow and wrist cuffs so she couldn't snatch an arm free in the frenzy of orgasm.

With the restraint of the patient accomplished to his satisfaction, he asked, "How does it feel, Laura? Everything seem okay?"

Again, Laura nodded her head, only this time she discreetly licked her bottom lip.

Joseph counted this as a positive sign. He used his fingers to move the stray hair away from Laura's face. He made sure his fingers gently brushed against her delicate skin. As suspected, he discovered the surface temperature of her face hotter than his fingertips. This declared her body was awakening to sexual arousal; the dilation of her pupils heralded this truth as well. He kept looking directly in her eyes.

"Now Laura, I want you to think of these straps holding you in place as if they were a strong man's embrace," Joseph voiced lowly. He gently caressed the soft contours of Laura's forehead and cheeks. "It can be any man you want it to be. You are safe and sound within his embrace. He's holding you in place because you are precious to him. He would never do the least thing to hurt you, or let anything happen to you. He only wants to discover your body's secrets and make you feel good."

Laura's eyes closed under Joseph's soothing ministrations, then flickered back open to stare at him more intently than before. She murmured softly under her breath.

"That's right, Laura. You like him caressing your face. He's such a strong man. He only wants to make you feel special, and he knows how to do this. He knows the kind of gentle touching you like."

Laura offered a slight nodding of her head. Her breathing became slow and deep. She did not close her eyes again; neither did her gaze wander from Joseph's face.

Joseph realized Laura now stared into his eyes without really seeing him; the duel orbs of jet blackness were glazed over in fantasy. He had her now, wholly and completely, her burgeoning arousal keeping an even pace with his verbal and physical ministrations. He began caressing Laura's neck and shoulders, careful to move his hands slowly to cover every inch of soft, warm skin.

"He loves the softness of your skin under his hands. The way you look, feel, and smell. You are the woman he has always wanted to be with. He is so pleased you agreed to take a carriage ride with him." Joseph moved his hands down to caress Laura's upper torso, to finally cross over the chest strap and massage her breasts without ever touching her distended nipples. The teasing of her nipples would happen only when she wanted and needed the sensations. Right now he was intent upon seducing her into wanting orgasm, not trying to force orgasm onto her.


 
 
Edgy and provocative in his writings, Thomas Briar strives to exalt the virtues of love and lust in every erotic story he creates. To date, he's garnered eleven publishing contracts with three different publishers and has seven published books in the marketplace.
When he's not writing, he enjoys spending time with his wife, reading, taking long walks, and people watching. Yeah, he's always wondering what makes people do the things they do. He knows it's usually something hidden in plain sight. He just has to figure out what it is, much like the motivations of the characters in his stories.



 
Five Revelations from Thomas Briar
 
• I was once a very religious young man. The ladies in the church I attended wore their hair in buns and their dress-tails brushed against the hardwood floor. Considering the explicit sexual content in my books, who would ever suspect that I came from such an austere environment…right?
 
• At twenty-five years of age I discovered Zalman King's Red Shoe Diaries and Anais Nin. The course of my life was forever altered. However, due to my religious upbringing, I suffered quite the emotional dilemma: either reinvent myself into who I wanted to be or continue to live out my life in religious austerity. I honestly believe I made the right choice.
 
• My wife is the most fun I've ever had. And I suspect she always will be. I met her when I was twenty-two and she was nineteen. I knew I was going to marry her three weeks into our relationship but I waited eight months before I actually asked for her hand in marriage. We've been together twenty-one years. She's the love of my life.
 
• I'm no stranger to manual labor. My father put me to work at six years old. I chuckle now whenever I think back at how I considered it a travesty that my younger brother didn't have to start working until he was seven. My brother and I are still the best of friends all these many years later.
 
• I love writing erotica and erotic romance. Every time I publish a new story I feel like I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing with my life.
 
 
 


 
http://thomasbriar.com   http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Briar/e/B00K34T4SW/
 
 
 

10 e-copies of
In The Age Of Hysteria
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment