Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Hidden Library (The Collectors' Society Book 2) by Heather Lyons *Blog Tour*

 
 
 


 
 
 
Sometimes, the rabbit hole is deeper than expected . . .
 
Alice Reeve and Finn Van Brunt have tumbled into a life of secrets. Some secrets they share, such as their employment by the clandestine organization known as The Collectors’ Society. Other secrets they carry within them, fighting to keep buried the things that could change everything they think they know.

On the hunt for an elusive villain who is hell-bent on destroying legacies, Alice, Finn, and the rest of the Society are desperate to unravel the mysteries surrounding them. But the farther they spiral down this rabbit hole, the deeper they fall into secrets that will test their loyalties and pit them against enemies both new and old.

Secrets, they come to find, can reveal the deadliest of truths.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 THE COLLECTORS’ SOCIETY! (BOOK #1)
 

 
 
 
  
 

 
 
Heather Lyons writes epic, heartfelt love stories and has always had a thing for words. In addition to writing, she’s also been an archaeologist and a teacher. She and her husband and children live in sunny Southern California and are currently working their way through every cupcakery she can find.
 

 
    At What Age Did You Know You Wanted To Be A Writer?
I actually knew as a very young girl that I loved writing, and used to create my own stories all the time. My high school English teachers told me I had a knack for storytelling, but when I went to college, I chose to focus instead on honing academic writing rather than fictional. It wasn’t until my children were born that I decided to go back to this first love of mine.
 
      Who Supports You The Most In Your Writing Career?
Oh, for sure, it’s my family: my husband and my kids. They graciously put up with me squirreling away with my computer all the time, and for that, I am eternally grateful.
 
     What Authors Inspired You To Start Writing?
Well, as a kid, I’d say it was probably Lewis Carroll, Francis Hodgson Burnett, J.R. R. Tolkien, L.M. Montgomery, and Francine Pascal. Haha! One of those seems different than the rest, right?? As an adult, I’ve always deeply admired Jane Austen’s incredibly insightful, witty, and timeless social commentaries, but for more modern writers, I’ve looked to Alexander McCall Smith, Sarah Rees Brennan, Kristin Cashore, and Stephanie Perkins as writers whose styles I admire.
 
     What Is Your Favorite Book?
This is an incredibly difficult question, to be honest. How about I give a list instead? Persuasion by Jane Austen, The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith, Fire by Kristin Cashore, and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll are all books I treasure.
 
     If You Could Travel To Anywhere What Would Your Dream Vacation Be and Why?
I am absolutely dying to go to Paris. I’ve been haranguing my husband for at least five years for us to go there. Paris, to me, seems so idyllic: sumptuous food, exquisite fashion, rich history to explore, and much culture to soak up.
    
What Is Your Favorite Movie?
I absolute adore Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. What a beautiful, heartbreaking film.
 
    How Did This Book Come To You?
As a young girl, I always loved to imagine what it would be like if the characters from books I loved were real. As an adult, I thought it would be fun to explore what that wish I’m sure many readers think would be like.
Thanks for having me!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
February 27th
 

February 28
March 1
March 2
March 3
March 4
March 5
March 6
March 7th
March 8th




 

 

 


 





 


 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment